News – we are delighted to have been awarded an AA Rosette for Culinary Excellence!
Local twins Alex and Oliver Burnside were delighted to take on Regatta Restaurant, situated in the heart of Aldeburgh high street, in July 2020. Specialising in primarily seafood dishes to reflect its coastal location, our bright, airy restaurant is perfect for any occasion. The brothers have a long history at Regatta – both started their careers there with Alex working for 13 years, 10 years as restaurant manager and Oliver as sous chef for seven years (Alex even met his wife there)! We feel Aldeburgh is a special place and we are proud to be located on such a prominent place on its unique high street.
The two brothers have always lived and worked on the Suffolk Coast. As well as Regatta, Alex and Oliver took on The Golden Key, located in the heart of Snape village, in 2017 and The Plough and Sail, located at the front of Snape Maltings, in 2012.
Both brothers are passionate about their specific areas of expertise – Oliver loves to create tempting menus, using delicious, seasonal produce from his local suppliers and Alex enjoys providing customers with a warm welcome, extensive knowledge and excellent customer service.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Update following the government guideline changes:
Whilst we are looking forward to moving on after 16 months of Covid closures and uncertainty we are aware and mindful that many people will continue to feel unsure. With this in mind we are keeping some of the previous precautions in place, of which we hope strikes the right balance between keeping staff and customers safe and at ease whilst ensuring your time with us is enjoyable:
• Many of our front of house staff will continue to wear masks to support those who may not have been vaccinated.
• We will encourage customers to wear masks when walking around inside the premises but will not insist.
• We will no longer take contact details but our NHS Track and Trace app details will remain to check in if desired.
• We will continue to follow our robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and customer touch points. Our hand sanitising stations will still be in place and we continue to clean our menus etc after single use.
• Table service will remain, our bar stools will continue to be stored away for the time being and congregating by the bar discouraged.
Thank you as always for your continued support – it has meant so much over the last months.Alex, Oli and the team at The Plough and Sail, The Golden Key and Regatta Restaurant.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key
Our pub in Snape has three ensuite bedrooms! To book or for further information call 01728688510.
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperature
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.