Coronavirus Update – we will be reopening again on the 12th April! We will be open all day everyday for takeaways and outside dining (we have four small tables which are weather permitting)! We will be open for indoor dining from 17th May! To book a table ring 01728452011!
Local twins Alex and Oliver Burnside were delighted to take on Regatta Restaurant, situated in the heart of Aldeburgh high street, in July 2020. Specialising in primarily seafood dishes to reflect its coastal location, our bright, airy restaurant is perfect for any occasion. The brothers have a long history at Regatta – both started their careers there with Alex working for 13 years, 10 years as restaurant manager and Oliver as sous chef for seven years (Alex even met his wife there)! We feel Aldeburgh is a special place and we are proud to be located on such a prominent place on its unique high street.
The two brothers have always lived and worked on the Suffolk Coast. As well as Regatta, Alex and Oliver took on The Golden Key, located in the heart of Snape village, in 2017 and The Plough and Sail, located at the front of Snape Maltings, in 2012.
Both brothers are passionate about their specific areas of expertise – Oliver loves to create tempting menus, using delicious, seasonal produce from his local suppliers and Alex enjoys providing customers with a warm welcome, extensive knowledge and excellent customer service.
Takeaway and Collection from The Golden Key – preorder on 07870606289
Friday Night 5.30-7.30pm Fish and Chips / Battered Sausage and Chips / Halloumi and Chips – £10 – add minted crushed peas for £1
Sunday Roast 12-2pm – Local roast beef or roast pork with all the trimmings – only £12 or homemade nut roast for £10
Kids and over 70s portions available!
Pub 2 Plate Ready Meals – treat yourself to a night in and take the hassle out of the cooking! Our Pub 2 Plate service is up and running with new dishes being added – home-made ready meals, available for delivery.
Each meal has been homemade in Snape, using quality ingredients and local suppliers where possible.
For more information and a list of dishes, please visit www.goldenkeysnape.co.uk/ready-meals
Bespoke Dinner Parties – we are happy to discuss a dinner party menu for any special occasions you may have. We will talk through your individual requirements and preferences and provide you with the ingredients and cooking instructions for a full course dinner. Please ring Alex at the Regatta on 01728 452011 for further information.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Whilst we have been closed we have been working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready to safely reopen our pubs and restaurant, in line with government advice.
We will be implementing the following measures when we re-open.
Our pubs, restaurant and public areas:
- We will increase the provision for outdoor dining while ensuring one metre plus between tables
- We will put in place robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and guest touch points
- All team members will be fully trained on the new procedures. Staff members will not be allowed to work if there are any concerns
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be easily and readily available throughout our properties.
- Our menus will be laminated and wiped down after single use.
- All staff, kitchen and front-of-house will be wearing PPE.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperature
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.